After the thousandth time of watching Madea Goes To Jail (The Play) her words hit me harder than ever. In all of Tyler’s plays especially those with Madea he always gives her the opportunity to share some wisdom with the audience. In this particular play Madea stated that sometimes people are with those who they are only supposed to be with for a season, but have kept them around due to life time expectations. Hmmm…That’s deep.
This really got me to thinking, not only about romantic relationships, but relationships with friends, peers, business related, and family. Do you have seasonal people in our lives that we have made life time expectations for? If you are thinking as hard as I was when I heard Madea then you are probably thinking to yourself who are these seasonal people that I have kept around too long? Here are a few questions/concerns you can ask yourself that might shed some light:
- Do you question the relationship in general?
- Do you always have to raise a question on how they feel about you?
- Do they support what you do/your efforts or do they judge you and put you down.
- Is the relationship based on what you do for them or what you do for each other?
- You find yourself always in an argument, though there is an apology it is reutine.
- You have grown, but your counter part has not and they don’t seem to understand your new direction.
These are just a few questions or situations that have been on your mind for quite some time, but you may have brushed them off by saying “this is just how they operate”.
What Do We Do With Our Seasonal People?
It is very stress and upsetting when it’s time to move on (Sometimes), but keeping seasonal people in our lives will cause us to miss the very thing God has in store for us. It can also cause doubt towards our capabilities because you may not be receiving the support you expected. I am literally speaking to myself as I write this blog. Knowing the difference I think is not the hard part, the hard part is letting go and moving on. I’m not suggesting you eliminate those persons out of your life completely although in some cases you may, but the relationship has to change. They may no long be able to handle your business affairs, you may no longer need to include this person in your personal affairs whatever the case may be situations change as people change and vice versa.
We as women have to have standards for ourselves, and relationships, this is not the time to be petty, but to give boundaries and what is healthy for us and what we will allow into our personal space. Sine I turned the ripe ole age of 30 J I realized that I have no tolerance for games “if you have something to say, be a woman and say it!” I also don’t do negativity. I told myself to suck it up and stop the complaining I must surround myself around positive people, when people want to talk trash about others I try to change the subject. I even instill this attitude to my clients they know they if they walk into my office feeling down and out they will leave with a new outlook on whatever the situation may be. People who are negative or seasonal will never bear fruit in my life or their own. We all need positive people in our lives encouragers, though you are entitled to a down day don’t let it get to you.
It’s time to make it happen for ourselves and those who don’t make the cut have to go. This is your season for prosperity and bearing the fruits of your labor if you have a seasonal person in your life it’s time to change, we can’t wear summer clothes in the winter. So, out with the old in with the new, network and see won’t God give you just what you need.
Blessings!
Lady B
No comments:
Post a Comment