Saturday, April 7, 2012

Me? A Visionary??: A Diary Entry

This is a short similar version of what I wrote in my diary that I felt the need to share with the world. I am not doing this to gloat or exploit my personal business I’m doing this because this may be a blessing to someone else.
For the past year I have been in deep contemplation about my various business ventures that were once dreams, but are now becoming reality. Where do I start? Who do I talk to? Who will help me? Where do I get the funds? So much to think about, too much to do. A few months ago I met my now mentor and sister, Kaneesha via Twitter; all I have to say is only God could have brought us together at this time in our lives. Though we just met and have only spoken by phone it is like we grew up together she is the first person I have met and felt comfortable talking about myself. As we began talking we have to realize we had similar aspirations for starting our own organizations or shall I say ministries. One day while holding a conversation about our next steps I said to her that I was overwhelmed and felt like no one really understood what I was trying to do. I would talk to people and they would just look at me and say yeah okay sounds good, or okay…. That’s it? That’s all you have to say? Then I would begin thinking am I trying to do too much am I out of my league?? Kaneesha said something to me that will be with me for the rest of my life, she said to me “MeMe do you know what you are?”… In a confused voice I said no. she said “You are a visionary, no one will ever see what you see, but you and God. You have to stop looking to others and start looking to God for confirmation”.
I never thought of myself as a visionary, I’ve been called many things in my 30 years but visionary was not one of them Lol. When I think of visionaries I think of My Uncle & Aunt Dr. Gilbert S. Smith Pastor, and First Lady Geneva O. Smith they created their ministry based faith & vision. Hmmm….ding, ding, ding I woke up and finally had a revelation okay maybe not a revelation, but I finally understood what she was saying. I have always been the type person to just think of myself as an ordinary young lady who just wanted to help people, I do know that I have never been a small thinker, when I was in elementary school and we make gingerbread houses I created a mall, when I do a family tree using lines I created a actual tree with branches and everything else, when I had to create a story board I created a comic book, in band my instructor said I was capable of playing a grade 4 I played a grade 6 and received a superior medal…Hmmm I guess I am a visionary.
In the past few months God has opened up many doors of opportunity for me, I am what we call in the world of psychology Introverted (shy/soft spoken) and slowly, but surely God is braking the shackles of that spirit. I thank God for the awesome women that God is introducing into my life; I realize God is surrounding me with anointed like minded people to stir up the gift in me. During a conference call it was pointed out that a study done by sociologist indicate that introverted people will influence 10,000 people in their life time <<Smiles>> just imagine as I continue to have faith in God and I grow how many people I will reach. I don’t look to be in the lime light, I don’t expect to hobnob with celebrities, I look forward to being a Kingdom builder, I expect to be reach millions of young people & their families restoring the family unit, I envision an Empowerment Movement. Whatever God decides to lead my way I will follow Him...my motives are genuine. As a visionary (I am learning to accept this I still fee awkward calling myself that I still feel like plan ole Amelia a.k.a MeMe Lol, but in Jesus I am a new Creation) I am understanding that though I must allow people to help me, I must take the initiative until God sends my team <<wink>> (Now accepting applications) jk. This is a process that is a test of my faith I thank God for the confirmation as I continue to fast and pray. No, it is not easy, but the Vision is clear.

                   

                                                                               Blessings,

                                                                                      ~ Lady B



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your incite in to god calling was very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete